Thursday, October 1, 2015

Susan Reagan and Her Little Penguin Friends Slipper and Flipper Visit Amana Elementary!

A couple of years ago I sent a tweet to an author and illustrator that would lead to a very special Skype with my 2nd graders.  
It was with my dear friend Susan Reagan and she shared her adorable book Tweet Hearts. You can read all about this first visit here
Susan's work is beautiful.  She worked for American Greetings creating illustrations for cards and other products.  She then left there to pursue her dream of illustrating and writing children's books.   


Earlier this year, she shared some exciting news with me.  
She had a new book coming out from Disney Hyperion called Slipper and Flipper in the Quest for the Golden Sun.  
I loved the book from the moment I saw it.  These two sweet little penguins are the cutest as they go on an adventure around the world after hearing their...
Papa tell tales of the great penguin explorer, Don Pinguino, who left the way-far-south in search of the Land of the Golden Sun.   
This week my sister Heather and her students at Amana Elementary were lucky to have Susan read Slipper and Flipper to us over Skype. 

The way Susan integrated maps and photographs into her illustrations is so neat and makes the story come to life. 
The children asked lots of questions....we all learned a lot about the penguins and her work. 
Susan created this wonderful Slipper and Flipper Freezle Franzzle Fun Activities pack for us to use with our little ones.  
As I read through my new School Library Journal yesterday, I was happy to see Slipper and Flipper pop up from an page with new picture books this fall.   This is definitely one you will not want to miss.....your kids will love it!  

Thank you Susan for sharing Slipper and Flipper with all of us.  We loved it....and just love you and your books!  

No comments:

Post a Comment